- Spray sunscreen is not permitted as this can potentially cause inhalation of aerosol/sunscreen particles. Only a non-spray sunscreen lotion will be accepted.
- Please label your child’s sunscreen bottle with his/her name.
- If you have more than one child enrolled at a center and they are in different classrooms, a separate bottle should be provided for each child.
- Parents should apply a layer of sunscreen to each child before arriving at the center each morning. Additional sunscreen will be applied to each child by U-GRO staff prior to going outside in the afternoon.
- Parents will need to sign the sunscreen permission form in your child’s classroom and list the supplied brand in order for U-GRO staff to apply sunscreen to your child.
All children enrolled in our Toddler and Preschool classrooms must wear shoes at all times, including nap time in case of emergency evacuation. Our recommended footwear for all children is sneakers. If you have other shoes for your child, they must meet the following guidelines:
- Shoes must have a solid rubber sole with bottoms that grip the floor to prevent slipping.
- Shoes must have a closed toe and back.
- Shoes must not be able to be easily slipped on and off and must be secured to the child’s foot. Crocs are not appropriate footwear.
Additionally, water shoes are required to participate during our Summer Safari Splash Days. Water shoes must meet the same requirements as regular footwear and may not include Crocs or flip-flops.
If you have any questions, please see your Center Director. Thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep all of our children safe!