It’s every child’s dream, but a lot of mothers’ nightmares: a snow day. When your children are snowed out of school or the roads aren’t safe to drive on, there never seem to be enough board games and reading to make the day go by fast. Never fear! We have a list of fun activities that will keep up the entertainment and your sanity.
- Craft homemade snow globes: With empty jelly jars, strong glue, baby oil, glitter and a toy, you’ll have your own snow globe in moments.
- Camp out in the living room: Pitch a tent in the living room (or get creative with blankets) and make a fort. Complete the fun with s’mores and campfire stories.
- Serve up your own snow cones: Grab some clean, freshly fallen snow and use lemon juice, sugar or frozen juice concentrate to create your own snow cones.
- Make snow graffiti: Fill spray bottles with water tinted with food coloring and let your children paint the snow!
- Play “Tic Tac Snow”: Create a giant tic tac toe board in the snow and use sticks as your X’s and O’s.
For other fun snow day ideas, check out our Winter Wonderland board on Pinterest.