Hot chocolate is the best way to warm up after a day out in the snow, and it’s classic recipe is rarely tampered with at home. But wouldn’t it be fun to try something new with your children? Here are five new ways you can update this go-to winter treat:
- Fluffernutter: Turn a classic sandwich into your new favorite hot cocoa recipe by mixing a teaspoon of creamy peanut butter and a tablespoon of marshmallow fluff into it.
- Nutella: Add even more chocolatey goodness by stirring in a spoonful of your favorite hazelnut spread.
- Pepper: Not every child enjoys spicy food, but they might enjoy a pinch of cayenne pepper in their cocoa for a subtle spicy flavor.
- Gingerbread: Even though Christmas is over, it’s not too late to incorporate gingerbread flavors. You can use a gingerbread creamer or make the cookies to garnish your drink.
- Almonds: As an alternative to regular milk, you can make your hot cocoa with almond milk. For even more flavor, add some cinnamon and nutmeg.
For other fun snow day ideas, check out our Winter Wonderland board on Pinterest.