This holiday recipe is a family favorite in our house and makes for a great Christmas treat to give to neighbors. Get the children involved – they will think that the dance they do while it is being shaken is the secret ingredient to it’s goodness!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use the semisweet chocolate chips, maybe you prefer the sweeter milk chocolate taste.)
- 1 box Crispix cereal- 13 oz.
- 1 cup peanut butter, almond butter or any nut-free butter
- Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave.
- Put 2 cups powered sugar in a large brown bad or a large bowl with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the cereal and chocolate mixture and shake well. The cereal will not crumble when it is shaken. The children think that the dance they do while it is being shaken is the secret ingredient to its goodness!
For other recipes to make with your children, check out our Child-Friendly recipes board on Pinterest.