Want the perfect Summer Experience for your Child?
Registration Deadline: May 1st.
Summer Camp begins in June-upon the conclusion of the elementary school year – and ends in August when school starts. The summer program reflects a different environment than offered at public school during the school year. It is our goal for school-age and preschool children to enjoy a relaxed, fun-filled day!
- U-GRO Summer Camp involves a variety of fun and learning-based activities
- A reading program will be encouraged every day and a special time will be set apart for personal reading as well as reading to the class.
- One day each week will involve the children in hand-on fun and games as they participate in a special Themed-Day-Celebration.
- Arts and Crafts will provide opportunities for creative expression.
- Weekly Spirit Days will allow for your child to participate in experiences to promote school-wide unity.
- Picnic Days, Splash Days, and Theme-related games and activities will bring fun while indoors and outdoors.
The North Museum: Lancaster, PA
Hands-on exploration of the world around us will be enjoyed by all. The children will learn about space while experiencing a show in the planetarium. They will also visit the dinosaur room, live animal room and more.
Cherry Crest Adventure Farm: Ronks, PA
The children will have the opportunity to laugh and learn while engaging in a variety of “agri-tainment” activities on a working farm. We will experience the mind-bending corn maze as well as take a guided wagon tour around the farm. The children will have fun on the Giant Hay Chute Slide and visit the live animals in the barnyard.
Summer Camp Palooza: Elizabethtown, PA
Our Palooza fun day event will take place on the beautiful Elizabethtown College campus. We will enjoy time singing, dancing and moving as we listen to the original songs of renowned singer/songwriter, Steven Courtney, as he performs a concert for us with his band, The Suitcase Musicians. In addition to this musical fun, the children will engage in a variety of amusement as they participate in carnival games and activities including bounce houses. In addition, the children will have the opportunity to enjoy other forms of live entertainment.
An animal specialist from Zoo America will visit the centers to present their Paw, Claws, Scales and Tails program. This variety program focuses on the adaptations that animals use for survival in the wild. Paws, claws, scales and tails are important for defense, finding food, eating, swimming and escaping predators.
An interactive reptile show will be presented by Forgotten Friend’s founder, herpetologist, author, and photographer, Jesse Rothacker. It will be a close encounter that will bring learning to life with a live animal demonstration. We’ll meet reptiles from around the world, and a few from our own backyard.
Stage Show Performance: Cissy and the Man:
Jason and Katherine Horst are a unique duo who will perform a stage show including dance, juggling and clowning which is sure to provide laughter, fun and entertainment for all!
Magician Mike Rose will be sure to amaze our U-GRO friends with his engaging talent.
His interactive show will provide our friends with time for laughter and fun as they delight in his magical extravaganza!
Music with Marie:
Miss Marie will lead an activity with our summer campers which will keep them moving and making music. They will enjoy using their creative energies as they listen, sing and move to the beat together!
U-GRO founder, Janice Holsinger, will return to the classrooms to engage our children in a hands-on art experience. Our summer campers will enjoy using their own creativity as they work with different art mediums.
U-GRO Summer Camp Enrollment Information:
- If you choose to send your child to the U-GRO Summer Camp, please note that you are enrolling into our childcare program from June 15th through August 21st (start and end dates are flexible with the timing of your child’s school district calendar and your family’s needs).
- Due to the available capacity for enrollments, Summer Camp is not offered on a week-to-week basis.
- If your child is not currently enrolled and you have filled out the registration form, we will call you to verify our weekly tuition rates, summer enrollment and activity fees. We will then schedule a visit for you and your child(ren) at the center – registration is ultimately dependent upon availability at the time of your visit.
Summer Camp Fees:
- One-time Enrollment Fee: For new families not currently enrolled in U-GRO. (To determine enrollment fee please call Ashlee at 717-580-2076.)
- Weekly Tuition: This cost varies by center. To determine the cost for your child either see your center director or call Ashlee at 717-580-2076.
- One-Time Activity Fee:
- Three Year Olds
$65 Program Activity Fee: This mandatory activity fee will cover the cost of on-site activities, in-house visitors and U-GRO t-shirt.
- Four Year Olds and Older
$175 Program Activity Fee: This fee covers all costs for on-site activities, in-house visitors, and field trips. (Please note that field trips will require that a packed brown bag lunch with a drink be brought from home.)
- Three Year Olds
U-GRO provides early care and education programs that help children and families get the best possible start in life. U-GRO makes childhood great for over 1,400 children daily at 11 of the most modern facilities found anywhere. U-GRO is recognized as Central Pennsylvania’s leader in quality childcare and preschool education. When you enroll your child at U-GRO child care and preschool, you’ll receive the best possible program we can provide. Our centre creates a loving, home atmosphere for school-aged children during these significant years of development. We strive to meet your family’s special needs, while establishing a consistent and positive foundation for your child’s well-being. We provide you with loving, quality childcare so your mind is at ease while you’re at work.