We Care About Developing the Whole Child
U-GRO’s Programs and educational curriculum provide children with opportunities to flourish and experience the extraordinary everyday! At U-GRO we care about developing the whole child.
Through our Blended Model® holistic curriculum:
- U-GRO teachers take a positive approach by helping your child feel good about what they can do while guiding them towards growth. This approach will help your child build high self-esteem and confidence which in turn builds future success!
- Your child will receive a balance between teacher-directed learning activities and child-led discovery activities. This balance will help build your child’s growth in all areas of development including cognitive, physical, social and emotional domains.
- While the teacher-directed activities will help develop essential skills like learning numbers and letters, discovery activities will build thinking and decision-making skills as children are provided opportunities to learn about topics of their interest.
- Following their lead, teachers guide children’s curiosities about the world by creating opportunities for children to answer their own questions through the use of project studies.
Teacher-directed activities occur throughout the day in both large and small groups as children come together to focus on the weekly theme and learn concepts through active learning experiences. Engagement in these activities provides opportunities for children to:
- Develop Listening Skills
- Follow Directions
- Build Cognitive Skills in Math, Literacy and Science
- Develop Social Skills
- Respond to Music
- Develop Physical Skills through Movement
- Create through Art and Drama Experiences
Child-led discovery activities
Child-led discovery activities take place as children “play” in the designated classroom learning centers which bring the weekly themes to life. In addition, children work together to explore topics of their interest through in-depth studies. As a class they choose a topic, determine what they know and what they want to learn, and together design a plan to discover the answers to their questions. Investigations led by children and facilitated by teachers are used to collect information, document and substantiate learning. These activities provide opportunities for children to:
- Develop Problem Solving Skills
- Learn through Hands-on Experiences
- Practice Self Regulation Skills
- Apply Cognitive Skills
- Make Discoveries
- Work Cooperatively
Our Blended Model® Curriculum is incorporated into all of our learning programs in a way that is age appropriate for the children in each of our infant, toddler, and preschool classrooms. Each classroom follows a specified routine which promotes the implementation of the Blended Model® by including time for the planned learning activities, creative arts, and outdoor play.